Top 3 cool recipes to prepare healthy green tea
Beverages such as tea are loved by every Indian. One of the most loved tea types that focuses more on promoting a healthy lifestyle is green tea. Green tea has the maximum amounts of antioxidants and vitamins in it, which aids weight loss and prevents cardiovascular diseases and cancer. This is possible due to the presence of an important antioxidant known as Epigallocatechin Gallate (ECGC).
ECGC is known to help in speedy recovery of heart cells and cell damage. It boots collagen and brings a glow on the skin. Its antioxidants are also known in fighting against radical ions, which causes acne and pimples. A cup of hot, steaming green tea can do wonders over your mind and body.
How is green tea made?
In a country like India, most of the production of green tea comes from the East region of Assam and Mizoram. They are also known to be the tea developers for the country. However green tea is a plant and most people also like growing them in their backyard, and enjoy fresh steaming cup of nutrients every morning.
India is also a market of many green tea brands like Lipton, Lipton, Tetley, organic India, twinning’s green tea, Himalaya green tea, Girnar, berry matcha, and more. Most of them come in great packaging’s and are processed green tea. So, it depends on individual to individual, how they like consuming green tea. Making green tea is not a difficult task.
As per my preference I like breaking tea leaves that I have grown in my backyard and then steaming them, with a tinge of ginger and lemon to enhance the taste. However, there are various methods using which green tea can be made even more amazing and healthier.
3 amazing green tea recipes for everyday consumption
Green ginger mint tea
Beginning my favourite recipe that I like including when preparing green tea is ginger and mint flavours. Now both ginger and mint have amazing benefits for our body. Primarily consumption of ginger and mint boosts immunity, which is most needed in the pandemic today. Here is how you can prepare a cup of this amazing nourishing green tea, that will make you gut happy!
- 1 piece of ginger root (4 inches)
- 2 bunch of spear mint leaves
- 1 cup of green leaves
- Cut the gingerroot pieces in small and thick pieces. Cut spearmint leaves and separate them from their stems. Break green tea leaves in small parts, if they are long leaves.
- Let all of the parts dry for at least 24 hours in open air. Make sure you keep them in a dry environment.
- After the ingredients have dried, boil 1 cup water in a pan and add all the dried ingredients.
- Let the ingredients boil and simmer well for 5-10 min in the pan. Note the color change in the pan, which will show whether tea is prepared or not.
- Strain out the tea in a cup, and enjoy!
Chamomile mint tea
Chamomile is another favourite ingredient of millennials and youth, that is effective in reducing stress and it has a beautiful color and aroma. In this recipe you can go for lavender leaves and jasmine flowers as well, so that it becomes rich in flavour and vitamins. The method of preparing chamomile green tea is very simple and fun.
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 cup of Fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup of Green tea leaves
- 1 cup of Black tea leaves
- ½ cup Chamomile leaves
- 1 tablespoon of dried Lavender leaves
- Break all the leaves mentioned in small parts and place them on a plate. Let all the leaves dry for about 24 hours.
- Boil some water in pan, and add all the dried leaves in the boiling water. As per your servings, you can increase and decrease the content of dried leaves and water in the recipe.
- As per the mentioned contents of ingredients, you can serve 30 servings.
- Let the water simmer well with the added ingredients, so that it changes colour and oozes aroma.
- Strain the entire mixture separating the leaves and tea prepared. Add a few drops of lemon and shave some lemon zest for more flavour. Attach a ring of lemon slice on the rim of the cup and enjoy!
- Honeydew mint green iced tea
This recipe of green tea falls in my leisure favourite. When ever you have some relaxing time, you can invest it in preparing this. The best part about this recipe is that you can prepare it quickly. This recipe as per the mentioned ingredient contents can serve up to 8 servings. You can always increase and decrease them as per your choice. So, let’s get started!
- 5 tablespoons of processed green tea/ 1 cup of green tea leaves
- 3 cups of honeydew lemon peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup of granulated brown sugar
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- Bring to boil 2 Litres of water (8 cups), in a pan. Add 4-5 tablespoons of green tea in the boiling water and let it simmer for 4 minutes.
- In the other sauce pan boil cubed melon, granulated sugar, mint leaves on medium to low flame for about 8 minutes. Make sure that the cubed melons have turned soft, to ensure that the flavours and ingredients have been immersed well in water.
- Now strain this mixture from the saucepan and add it to the green tea mixture.
- Let the whole mixture stay and cool for 30 minutes, so all the flavours can indulge with each other. You can refrigerate the mixture to cool faster.
- After the mixture is chilled, strain the contents once again through a cloth to separate the green tea.
- Add some ice cubes and enjoy your iced green tea!
Green tea is amazing for health and beauty and should be consumed everyday to enjoy its benefits. However, on some days you can experiment and twist the conventional recipe of green tea like the once mentioned above to enjoy some amazing flavours and varieties in green tea. So, try the recipes yourself and build immunity and health for that youthful radiance and glow!